Friday 12 February 2010

A good day today - the petticoat government decreed that I could accompany her to our local town, Rugeley, or as I like to say - Rugethley; I like to give it a bit of Welsh (my lovely son-in-law is Welsh, also I have to pay homage to the vinyl junkee paradise of Cob Records, Porthmadog). Anyway, I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to check out our new local vinyl emporium THOSE OLD RECORDS while she attended to the extremely important business of selecting food and drink for the weekend!

What a brilliant experience this was - not only did I have the opportunity to meet Chris, the proprietor and a committed vinyl junkee with not a seedy in sight, but I managed to obtain a Marvin Gaye album with a track I've been after for ages, (soon to be heard on my Okay fm show). This track - also done by the Artistics (I'll let you guess the title) is so rare that I had almost given up on getting it on any format preferably not seedy. Seven delicious vinyl albums in all, mint condition and very reasonably priced were purchased from Chris. Thank you Chris, I look forward to seeing you again very soon.